Milwaukee World Festival and American Family Insurance announce 2020 Let The Music Play grant program recipients
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. and American Family Insurance are excited to announce the grant recipients for the 2020 Let The Music Play program.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. and American Family Insurance are excited to announce the grant recipients for the 2020 Let The Music Play program. Selected organizations represent non-profits or school programs that support music education in Milwaukee County. These programs have a performance element for young people and, in many cases, help to provide access to equipment or musical training that otherwise would have been unavailable to these student communities.
The 2020 grant recipients and their respective programs include:
- Golda Meir School: Funds will support the purchase of various instruments for band and orchestra students, adding to the music library to purchase music for performances, and a traveling string teacher.
- Girls Rock MKE: Funds will be used for scholarships for Girls Rock Milwaukee Camp, for girls ages 8-16, featuring musical, technical and creative aspects as campers form a band, learn to play an instrument, and perform on stage in a showcase.
- LaCausa, Inc.: Funds will be used to support the Eagle Orchestra and Dance program with new dance apparel, guitars, and sheet music, to utilize in practice and performance.
- Milwaukee Jazz Orchestra: Funds will support costs associated with the Woody Herman Jazz Education Festival including special guest clinicians, band equipment maintenance, venue rental, and tuition assistance.
- Rogers Street Academy: Funds will assist the music program with the purchase of instruments for students in K4-3rd grade, equipment for 5th grade band program, and sheet music.
- Rufus King High School Vocal Music Program: Funds will support the teaching of recording arts and technology.
The selected recipients will also showcase their talents during Summerfest 2020.
The Let The Music Play grant program supports non-profit organizations and schools that serve Milwaukee County through music-based programming. The program is intended to represent the variety of music-based activities taking place in the greater Milwaukee community and is open to programs ranging from band, orchestra and jazz to musical theater and dance. Recipients must demonstrate the ability to present a finished, 7-10 minute performance.
For more information visit MilwaukeeWorldFestival.com
# # #
About the American Family Insurance Group
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, American Family Insurance has been serving customers since 1927. We inspire, protect and restore dreams through our insurance products, exceptional service from our agency owners and employees, community investment and creative partnerships to address societal challenges. We act on our belief in diversity and inclusion by constantly evolving to meet customer needs and preferences. American Family Insurance group is the nation’s 13th-largest property/casualty insurance group, ranking No. 306 on the Fortune 500 list. The group sells American Family-brand products, primarily through exclusive agency owners in 19 states. The American Family Insurance group also includes American Family Connect Property and Casualty Insurance Company, the proposed new legal name of Ameriprise Auto & Home, The General, Homesite and Main Street America. Across these companies the group has more than 13,500 employees nationwide.
About Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is an independent, private 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1965 that produces Summerfest, presented by American Family Insurance, an 11-day festival that generates approximately $187 million in economic impact for the community each year. Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. also maintains and improves Henry Maier Festival Park, located on 75 acres on the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI. In addition to Summerfest, Henry Maier Festival Park hosts a variety of ethnic and cultural festivals, concerts, walks, runs, and other special events, attracting nearly 1.3 million people. The mission of the organization is to promote an understanding of different ethnic cultures, the histories and traditions of various nationalities, harmony in the community, civic pride and provide a showcase for performing arts, activities and recreation for the public and employment opportunities for the youth of the community. For more details, visit Summerfest.com, Facebook.com/summerfest, Twitter: @Summerfest or Instagram: @Summerfest.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. media contact: