American Family Insurance and Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. announce 2021 Let The Music Play grant program recipients
American Family Insurance and Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. announce the grant recipients for the 2021 Let The Music Play program
American Family Insurance and Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. are pleased to announce the grant recipients for the 2021 Let The Music Play program. Selected organizations represent non-profits or schools that support youth music programs within Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, including virtual programs.
The Let the Music Play program was first introduced in September 2018.
The 2021 Let The Music Play grant recipients include the following schools / organizations:
- Greenfield Bilingual School – funds will support the purchase of instruments, allowing additional students to participate in the band program and allowing each band student to have their own instrument to practice at home.
- Kilbourn School – funds will be utilized to start a new general music program and purchase instruments for the students in Kindergarten – 5th grade, including resonator bells, xylophones, congas, shakers, and rhythm sticks.
- Kluge Elementary School – funds will be used to purchase equipment to improve the delivery of virtual music classes, including recording equipment, a camera, and software.
- Lancaster Elementary School – funds will support the purchase of sheet music, fees for visiting clinicians, piano repair, and more.
- Latino Arts, Inc. – funds will be used for repairs needed to maintain the program’s classical Latino American instruments such as folk guitar, vihuela, and guitarrón.
- Reagan International Baccalaureate High School – funds will be used to better facilitate virtual learning through the purchase of headphones and recording equipment for use by all music departments including choir, band, orchestra, and general music students.
- St. Monica School – funds will be used to purchase equipment for the general music program, including select instruments, such as xylophones and drumAlso, here’s a link to learn more and hear from some of the groups:
Learn more and hear from some of the groups in this video.
Now in its third year, the Let the Music Grant program has supported 18 organizations and hundreds of music students. For more information visit MilwaukeeWorldFestival.com.
# # #
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. media contact:
About the American Family Insurance group
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, American Family Insurance has been serving customers since 1927. We inspire, protect and restore dreams through our insurance products, exceptional service from our agency owners and employees, community investment and creative partnerships to address societal challenges. We act on our belief in diversity and inclusion by constantly evolving to meet customer needs and preferences. American Family Insurance group is the nation’s 13th-largest property/casualty insurance group, ranking No. 254 on the Fortune 500 list. The group sells American Family-brand products, primarily through exclusive agency owners in 19 states. The American Family Insurance group also includes CONNECT, powered by American Family Insurance, The General, Homesite and Main Street America. Across these companies the group has more than 13,500 employees nationwide.
About Milwaukee World Festival, Inc.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is an independent, private 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1965 that produces Summerfest, presented by American Family Insurance, a 9-day festival that generates approximately $187 million in economic impact for the community each year. Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. also maintains and improves Henry Maier Festival Park, located on 75 acres on the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI. In addition to Summerfest, Henry Maier Festival Park hosts a variety of ethnic and cultural festivals, concerts, walks, runs, and other special events, attracting nearly 1.3 million people. The mission of the organization is to promote an understanding of different ethnic cultures, the histories and traditions of various nationalities, harmony in the community, civic pride and provide a showcase for performing arts, activities and recreation for the public and employment opportunities for the youth of the community. For more details, visit milwaukeeworldfestival.com, Facebook.com/summerfest, Twitter: @Summerfest or Instagram: @Summerfest.