5 Tips to De-Stress Winter Trips
Whether you’re heading to an exotic locale or simply staying with friends a couple towns over, travel is a great way to escape the winter blahs. If such a journey is on your docket, make sure you’re protecting everything with you – as well as the things you’ll leave back home. Here are five tips to help keep your travel worry-free.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on your home while you’re away. Stop mail and newspaper delivery, put lights on timers and, if you live where it gets cold, turn off your water to avoid freezing pipes.
- Download DreamVault, a free American Family app (there’s a Web version too) for uploading photos and descriptions of the stuff you own – and the things you’ll purchase on your adventure.
- Refrain from announcing your travel plans on social media. (No need to let thieves know you’ll be away.)
- Ready your car for the long haul with a proper maintenance check, including lights, tires, belts and hoses. (Get more tips in this issue of @dvisor.)
- If traveling internationally, tell your American Family agent, who can provide information on supplemental travel, medical or trip cancellation insurance.